Working as a mechanic can damage your hands, which is why wearing disposable gloves can be the best protection solution. Without gloves, you are likely to come into contact with dangerous chemicals, oil, and grease which can be corrosive and difficult to remove from your hands. Engine grease is an extremely stubborn substance to remove from the skin which is why disposable gloves are a practical option for mechanics. The most suitable disposable gloves for this sector are Nitrile powder-free gloves. They are perfect for Mechanics because they are oil, fuel, and chemical resistant and durable for harsh working conditions. These gloves also reduce the likelihood of continuously having to spend time washing your hands.
These are some of the main advantages of using Nitrile powder-free gloves as a Mechanic:
- Protection against contamination from paint while painting vehicles
- Keeping dirt and grease out of fingernails while working on a car engine or removing parts
- Preventing contamination to hands from oil changes
- Suitable for mid to heavy-duty daily use
- Comfortable to wear and don’t tear or disintegrate easily
- No allergic reactions as the gloves are latex-free
- The glove surface is textured for a firm grip
Nitrile gloves also are suitable for extreme temperatures from -40 to 108 degrees Celsius and don’t melt or crack under these temperatures.
Mechanics frequently work with wrenches, screwdrivers, or other tools and equipment that could easily puncture gloves causing injury or damage to hands. Nitrile powder-free gloves are an excellent choice as they don’t split easily when in contact with sharp edges so a mechanic is likely to damage their hands a lot less while wearing them.
Nitrile gloves are the best option for the workplace as they are powder-free suitable for people that are prone to allergic reactions. Most people can wear them without experiencing an allergic reaction.